- £30,507 per year pro-rated for part time hours
Home-Start Essex is a leading family support organisation that provides high quality family-led services for families with young children. By mobilising trained volunteers, we support families directly in the home and in group settings to overcome a range of issues such as isolation, domestic abuse, mental health, financial stress and school readiness.
We are seeking an excellent Finance Manager to work 18-21 hours per week to manage and lead on the financial management aspects of our organisation. We are looking for a professional, enthusiastic individual, able to work in a team to ensure the financial stability and success of Home-Start Essex.
Knowledge of SAGE 50, Microsoft office systems, excellent communication skills and experience as a Finance Manager/Officer are essential.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Key job responsibilities:
- Work with the CEO to develop, review and refine detailed strategic and operational budgets and projections.
- Work as part of the Senior Management Team, developing short, medium and long term strategic and operational plans for Home-Start Essex.
- Manage, review and refine financial management processes and procedures and ensure that accurate monthly, quarterly and annual financial reports are produced in an agreed format and to strict deadlines.
- Be accountable for and manage the production of a monthly balance sheet and cash flow reports for inclusion in the monthly management accounts including commentary variations, profit and loss account, etc.
- Lead the production of statutory accounts and the preparation for and execution of the annual audit of the charity, working with the Accountants/Auditors.
- Assist the CEO and Fundraising & Marketing Manager and other staff in the preparation of costings and budgets for funding applications, bids and tenders, and develop financial models for new business opportunities.
- Complete quarterly, annual or other periodic financial returns for submission to funders, commissioners and stakeholders.
To view the job information pack including a full job description and to apply for the role, please go to our website to access the application form.
We DO NOT accept CVs.
If you would like to arrange a confidential discussion about the vacancy, please contact us.
This post is subject to a successful 6-month probationary period.
Salary: £30,507 pro-rated according to part time hours.
Closing date for applications: FRIDAY 31st January 2020
Interviews are scheduled for Monday 10th February 2020 in Chelmsford.
Home-Start Essex is committed to equality of opportunity and works to safer recruitment practices as an important part of safeguarding and protecting children and vulnerable adults.