Homelessness Night Worker
The Pleasance, Edinburgh
- Salary: £18,687 per annum Plus 10% night rate
- Working Hours: 40 hours per week
- Details: Permanent position
- Benefits: 25 days annual leave and bank holidays (Pro rata for part-time); a contributory pension scheme; season ticket loan; an employee assistance programme.
Are you someone who is caring, compassionate, has integrity and respect for others?
Would you like to be part of rebuilding lives?
Our Night Workers are the first point of contact for our residents and visitors. This key role sets the welcoming tone and atmosphere for the Homelessness Temporary Accommodation Lifehouse and is involved in all aspects of supporting homeless men and women to move on to new lives. This position is formally known as Concierge.
- Make The Pleasance a homely place to live through working and responding to the overnight
- needs of the homeless clients who stay here.
- Offer front of house services to clients ensuring they are signed in or out where required and
- their queries are handled in a professional manner, referring them to support staff where
- Manage additional front of house duties including telephone calls and external visitors to the
- Lifehouse. Accurately record messages, conduct follow up telephone calls, update log books
- and handover reports etc where appropriate.
- Manage enquiries relating to available accommodation and facilitating access to emergency
- accommodation if required.
- Work with clients to resolve conflict using de-escalation skills where appropriate.
- Make decisions with regard to excluding clients in conjunction with the duty manager/on call
- Carry out some cleaning and laundry duties
- The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate:
- Motivation towards supporting vulnerable clients to achieve focussed and positive life
- Able to work within the Christian ethos of The Salvation Army
- Good customer service and time management skills with ability to prioritise workload
Job Pack Template Scotland June 2017
Appointment subject to satisfactory references, proof of right to work in the UK and a satisfactory Disclosure check.
For further details and to apply please visit The Salvation Army’s website:
Closing date: Sunday 25th November 2018
Interview date: Week Beginning 3 rd December 2018
CVs will not be accepted
Promoting equality in the workplace