Information and Support Officer
- £26,750 per year
- Closing date: 31 July 2019
The Information and Support Officer is a key role at Sarcoma UK. The successful applicant will work closely with the Director of Information and Support, to extend the reach of our information and support services to all people affected by sarcoma.
The post holder will support and develop Sarcoma UK’s information and support services as we grow in exciting new directions in 2019/20. This is an ideal role for someone who wants to expand their knowledge and experience in a role that can make a real impact for people affected by sarcoma and their families.
Information and support for those affected by sarcoma is at the heart of our charitable objectives. Thanks to the amazing generosity and support of the sarcoma community, Sarcoma UK’s profile and influence has grown significantly in the past nine years. This has enabled us to grow our Information and Support Services.
- Salary: £26,750
- Hours: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Location: Office based; Old Street, London N1
- Benefits: Up to 5% matched contribution to Sarcoma UK pension scheme; interest-free season ticket and bicycle loan. 25 day’s holiday entitlement per annum plus bank holidays and the working days between Christmas and New Year.
Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Assist with the development of a comprehensive range of information materials for sarcoma patients and carers, including print publications and webpages.
- Work in line with Sarcoma UK’s information production processes, including: Liaise with Information Review Panel members, experts and reviewers. Maintain formal systems within the information production process.
- Update the information and support pages on Sarcoma UK’s website, and print materials ensuring all are accurate and are kept up to date.
- Research, write and edit information materials, including print publications and web pages.
- Keep the clinical trials hub updated and accurate. Act as a liaison between clinical trial coordinators and Sarcoma UK.
- Contribute written material to Sarcoma UK’s wider communications such as Connect magazine, website and e-news and impact case studies.
- Assist in the development of Sarcoma UK’s support services for patients, families and carers.
- Be the point of contact for online and regional support group leaders, fielding enquiries and supporting their needs. Liaise with support group leaders to keep support group information updated on Sarcoma UK’s website and Raiser’s Edge. Help moderate the support group leader Facebook page, add relevant content and respond to Facebook requests for information and support from this group.
- Represent Sarcoma UK at patient events such as support group meetings and Health and Wellbeing days.
- Support Director of Information and Support in identifying new opportunities to develop Sarcoma UK’s support service.
- Contribute to raising the profile of SUK’s support services and identify new avenues of promotion so that patients and carers are aware of them at all points in their sarcoma journey.
- To maintain positive relationships with key Sarcoma UK stakeholders including sarcoma patients, family members/carers and support group leaders.
- To develop and maintain contact with sarcoma specialist healthcare professionals, including clinicians and specialist nurses who have reviewed our information materials.
- To support new work within the information and support team.
- Attend Sarcoma UK events and take part in Sarcoma UK’s wider work.
- The post holder will be working in a developing environment and he/she will therefore be required to undertake other appropriate duties as necessary for the efficient operation of Sarcoma UK.
- The role will require occasional travel to meeting and events. Occasional weekend or evening work may also be required and time off in lieu will be given.