- Job Type: Full-time
- Salary: £23,000.00 to £25,000.00 /year
PURPOSE: To be responsible for providing the day to day maintenance, renewals, out of hours and repairs operations of our outstanding directly managed specialised supported housing services across the UK. To deliver both planned, cyclical and responsive property and grounds and garden maintenance and communal and re-tenanting cleaning services as required throughout the UK and supervise any trainees or apprentices or volunteers when necessary whilst at the same time being mindful of all relevant H&S requirements. To provide a replacement and renewals and Housing Management Service from a property maintenance perspective to all tenants in collaboration with Housing & other relevant staff requests.
- Upon being issued with work by the Operations Manager, visit properties at appointed times, investigate faults, sourcing materials and undertake repairs maintenance or improvement works in a timely and professional
- Work alone, or with others as a team, including contractors and other
- With colleagues, on a rota system, provide an out-of-hours emergency service to CSA LTD (CHRYSALIS HOUSING) customers, answering telephone calls, determining whether there is a need to visit and so doing where necessary to make
- Help create a good landlord/tenant relationship, liaise with tenants and other customers, minimising the impact of work on tenants and keeping them informed of progress.
- Receive reports of repairs and identify repairs required to properties and ensure such reports are processed quickly and, where appropriate, orders are issued to undertake emergency
- Be responsible for ensuring vehicles owned by CSA LTD (CHRYSALIS HOUSING) and driven by you, have sufficient fuel, oil, and water, and are sufficiently roadworthy for the tasks in hand.
- The Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
- Gas Safety (Installation and Use) Regulations 1998
- Construction (Design and Management) Regulations 2015
- Control of Asbestos at Work Regulations 2012
- Working at Height Regulations 2005
- Be fully compliant with the building regulations
- Work with the Maintenance team to help plan daily work activities and develop and maintain knowledge of CSA LTD (CHRYSALIS HOUSING)’s
- The post holder must carry out their duties, as described in this job description in line with the Equality Act 2010 and CSA LTD (CHRYSALIS HOUSING’s) equality
To apply for the Maintenance Operative role please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter registering your interest in the position. You will then be sent an application form to complete. Only applicants who submit a complete application form will be considered for interview. References must be approved before a job offer.