Everyone has the right to be safe.
Safer Wales is a leading provider of innovative resettlement and
Resettlement Peer Mentor, Volunteer Support & Accreditation Lead –based at HMP Eastwood Park Gloucestershire
Safer Wales has an exciting opportunity for a Resettlement Peer Mentor, Volunteer Support & Accreditation Lead to support the delivery of an integrated resettlement service within HMP Eastwood Park.
Working with the resettlement team including a team of volunteers to support the co-ordination of gender-informed resettlement services to women based within HMP Eastwood Park. Duties will vary and range from volunteer support to the delivery of one-to-one and group work support to help women prepare and aiding their transition back in to the community.
Hours:21:45 hours per week. Part time/job share or flexible hours will be considered.
Salary: £22,567.43 - £23,265.45 - £23,985 pro rata on a fixed term basis to 1st September 2020, may be extended subject to funding.
Location: This post is based at HMP Eastwood Park, Gloucestershire. Some travel to Safer Wales Office and Styal is expected.
Closing date for Applications: 21/11/2018
Interview dates: 29/11/2018 through to and including 12/12/2018
As well as a competitive salary, Safer Wales provides:-
- A range of generous benefits, including the Safer Wales Pension scheme
- Positive and proactive approach to personal development
- career development through vocational qualifications
- actively promotes diversity and inclusion
- an environment which offers family friendly policies, generous paid parental leave and flexible working
- a commitment to your health and wellbeing at work
This vacancy is only open to female applicants as an occupational requirement exception under Sch 9 of the Equality Act 2010. This vacancy is subject to Enhanced DBS and prison vetting.