We will offer a person-centred service, based on people’s assets, abilities and resources, that supports candidates pre, during and post-employment, to become work ready. Building on their talents, we provide the training, work experience and resilience they need to enter the workplace.
This is where you come in. We are looking for motivated Job Coaches, passionate about empowering people to achieve their personal goals, to join our new team. You will work directly with our candidates to understand their career goals, their barriers and support them into rewarding new careers.
We are looking for people who enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment, are committed to delivering excellent customer service and excited about joining us in this start-up phase.
Duties and responsibilities
- Devise, plan and implement coaching strategies to achieve sustainable employment outcomes for our candidates
- Assess candidates' goals and needs and work readiness
- Create engaging action plans alongside candidates, to achieve their goals
- Support candidates to remove their barriers to employment, build confidence and resilience
- Work with candidates to empower them to identify their strengths, build their confidence and access the relevant training
- Advocate for clients where necessary, with service providers or employers
- Provide guidance to candidates on all aspects of employability
- Liaise with employers, keeping them updated with progress and identifying any additional requirements they may have
- Oversee all administrative tasks relating to the candidate journey
- Create and present reports for senior management
- Uphold a positive work environment
- Act as a mentor to influence and inspire, work ‘with’ and not ‘to’ candidates
For a full job description including the summary of skills, qualities and experience required for the role please download from the link below
- Incremental holiday entitlement starting at 25 days per year plus bank holidays (pro-rata for part time staff) plus paid leave to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
- Incremental sick pay starting at 5 days per rolling year
- Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
- Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
- Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff
- Training and development opportunities including an open learning library and management training schemes
- Health benefits include life cover, a health Cashplan scheme which provides access to counselling and a range of therapies
Please note that we reserve the right to review and amend our staff benefits and they do not form part of any contract of employment
This role is based in Cardiff.
We are happy to explore flexible working, full-time, flexible hours, job share.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com stating the job title.
Early application is encouraged as we will review applications throughout the advertising period and may close the advert early. Closing date – 1st October 2022
Big Issue Group is committed to equal opportunities and committed to promoting and enhancing diversity, equality and inclusion. We welcome and encourage applicants from all members of the community and particularly welcome applications from people with disabilities, Black, Asian, or Minority Ethnic backgrounds, LGBTQIA, and from different socio-economic and educational backgrounds.