We're looking for an enthusiastic and tech-savvy IT Assistant to support our IT team for 2 days (14 hours) per week at our head office in Finsbury Park. This is an ideal opportunity for someone with great IT skills looking to gain more experience and kickstart a future career in IT.
Key duties include:
- Supporting a wide variety of internal and external end-user software and hardware (computer systems, audio-visual and telecoms systems).
- Diagnosing and repairing issues with Laptops, Macs, Printers,
- Building/imaging/installing/upgrading/configuring PCs and Macs laptops
- User account administration on systems such as Active Directory
- Assisting with project work and system rollouts
Skills & Experience
Some of the skills and experience we're looking for include:
- Ability to upgrade and configure laptop and workstation hardware with good working knowledge of up to date system components
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows 10, Office 365 applications and services & computer hardware and peripherals, including printers
- Hands on' approach and a willingness to learn
- Flexible, pro-active approach
- Genuine interest in IT
For a full job description with details of skills and experience, please download from the link below.
Salary and Benefits include:
• Salary of £8,0444 per annum
• Holiday entitlement starting at 25 days for full-time roles (pro-rata for part-time roles) per year plus bank holidays on top, increasing by 1 day for each year of employment up to 30 days
• Company sick pay starting at 5 days of full pay, increasing by 5 days with each year of employment (up to 6 weeks)
• Paid time off to care for a sick child or grandchild and a sick or elderly relation
• Enhanced contribution to our workplace pension
• Enhanced maternity/paternity pay
• Comprehensive flexible working policy open to all staff from day 1 of employment
• Free-of-charge BUPA healthcare cash plan scheme covering everything from dental and physiotherapy costs through to private consultations and scans
• Access to our Employee Assistance programme which includes counselling and a range of therapies
• Life cover – a lump sum for your family or loved ones if the unexpected happens
• Comprehensive programme of professional skills training
This role will be based at our Head Office in Finsbury Park in London.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org stating the job title.
The Big Issue Group is striving towards Equal Opportunities
We particularly welcome applications from those who are underrepresented in our sector, such as women in senior roles, and people with disabilities and from Black and Minority Ethnic communities.
Since 1991, The Big Issue has fought poverty by creating opportunities and supporting people to take control of their lives. Over time our organisation has grown and now The Big Issue Group consists of The Big Issue Company Ltd and Big Issue Invest Ltd (our social investment arm). In addition, we also have our sister charity The Big Issue Foundation.