Reporting into the Project Manager and working closely with colleagues across the Foundation, the Team Assistant is a vital role in the smooth operation of the Homewards Programme. This is a hugely varied role and will be well-suited to someone looking to develop their skills and experience in the charity sector across several different teams and tasks. The successful candidate(s) will be able to demonstrate initiative in identifying where support is most crucial across the programme
Role description and core responsibilities
Key elements of this role comprise:
- Assisting in organising relevant programme and stakeholder meetings and events; team diary management internally and externally, helping to prepare and circulate meeting agendas, papers and minutes; managing meeting logistics.
- Managing regular team meetings, including capturing notes/actions and supporting the team in tracking these to completion.
- Diary management for the Head of Programme.
- Helping to prepare programme-related updates, reports and newsletters for internal and external stakeholders.
- Supporting the events team on an ad-hoc basis with event planning and logistics relating to the Homewards programme, including guestlist management and correspondence.
- Assisting in keeping key programme documents updated, as required.
- Updating and maintaining databases and customer relationship management systems (CRMs).
- Managing correspondence from the public and wider stakeholder groups in relation to the work of the Homewards programme, taking primary responsibility for the Homewards inbox, responding to enquiries and escalating as required.
- Management of logistics and travel arrangements so appointments are completed in a timely manner.
Relevant knowledge and experience
- Experience of a not-for-profit organisation or projects
- Previous experience of supporting projects and/or events
- Highly competent user of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Experience of working in a busy environment
- Experience of successfully dealing with stakeholders at different levels
- Ideally experience of using database and email software e.g. Mailchimp, Salesforce
- Caring, thoughtful and efficient
- Passionate and driven to make a positive impact on the world
- Strong self-motivation and flexible team player
- Is solution-focused and pre-empts problems by seeking guidance and taking action on an issue, task or project within their role
- Flexible and able to respond positively to an ever-changing environment, prioritising work effectively
- Shows initiative and takes responsibility for own workload
- Absolute discretion in dealing with sensitive and confidential paperwork
- Always learning: a self-starter, motivated, eager to learn
- A people person, able to work closely with multiple stakeholders