Terms & Conditions
The Big Issue Group: TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR CANDIDATES
1. The following terms and conditions apply to your use of the Big Issue Group (BIG) Jobsite (the "Jobsite") provided by BIG ("BIG" or "we" or "us"):
a. the general terms and conditions of the BIG Jobsite website (jobsite.bigissue.com) which are available at: https://jobs.bigissue.com/terms-of-service;
b. the privacy notice of the BIG website which is available at: https://www.bigissue.com/privacy-policy/;
You should read the general terms and conditions and the privacy notice as they contain important terms including how we may terminate your access to BIG Jobsite.
3. By using the BIG Jobsite you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
4. These terms and conditions govern your agreement with us for your use of the following services on the jobsite.
a. the CV match Service known as CV Database Service ;
b. the Job Application Service;
c. the Careerleaf Service; and
d. the Jobs by Email Service known as Job Alert Service;
each as defined below. The CV database Service, the Job Application Service, the Careerleaf Service and the Job Alert Service shall each be a Service and collectively known as the "Services". These terms shall apply to all of the Services except for where they are expressly stated to apply to one Service only.
5. The CV Database Service is the service provided by us which allows recruiters to view, search, purchase and access CVs of candidates held on the BIG’s Candidate database via the Jobs Website.
Candidates can add their CV to the searchable CV Database (“BIG Candidate Database”) when applying for a job or by signing up and creating a profile.
6. The job application service (the "Job Application Service") is the service provided by us which allows recruiters (or the advertising agency or media buyer for such recruiter) to place their advertisements on the BIG Jobsite and candidates to apply for those jobs either by:
a. making a job application directly through the Jobs Website;
b. being re-directed to a third party’s website to apply through that website;
7. The Careerleaf service (the "Careerleaf Service") is the service provided by us through which we will, on behalf of the recruiter, contact suitable candidates (who have agreed to such contact) with details of an advertisement placed by the recruiter on the BIG Jobsite.
8. The Job Alert Service (the “Job Alert Service”) is the service provided by us which allows you to select your preferred job criteria and then receive emails containing details of jobs that fulfil your criteria.
9. To the extent that the Employment Agencies Act 1973 and/or the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Employment Business Regulations 2003 apply to any of the Services, if at all, BIG acts in the capacity of an employment agency to help you find the type of work you are looking for. BIG does not affect introductions between recruiters and candidates (or vice versa), and nor does it supply candidates to recruiters. You will not be charged for using the Services.
10. To the extent that you wish us to share your information and CV with recruiters (either through the CV Database Service or the Job Application Service) you consent to our sharing your CV, together with any additional information you provide to us, with the recruiters who use the BIG Jobsite. This means that you give us:
a. a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide licence of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on BIG Jobsite, to share or otherwise use such CV and additional information as we reasonably require to fulfil the services, we provide on BIG Jobsite; and
b. the right to grant a perpetual, royalty-free, worldwide sub-licence of any rights, including intellectual property rights, in your CV and any additional information you provide to us on the BIG Jobsite, to recruiters for their recruitment related activities.
Your right to cancel
11. We will retain a copy of your CV and any additional information you provide to us in accordance with paragraphs 10 and 11 or until you delete it or close your account with us in accordance with paragraphs 13 and 14 below. If you are a registered user, you can also change your privacy settings to set whether your CV is shared with all recruiters, no recruiters or you can select those recruiters that you do not want to share your CV with. Please note that additional recruiters are added all the time so you should check your privacy settings frequently.
Please see our privacy notice for details of how personal data is collected and may be processed or shared with others. You will find the privacy notice at www.bigissue.com/privacy-policy/
Deletion of your CV / Closing your account with us
12. Where you choose to delete your details and/ or CV we will not retain a copy of it on our database and it will not be made available to recruiters. Please note however we are not able to control the storage of your details and/ or CVs by recruiters.
13. If you wish to close your individual account with us or remove your details then please contact us.
Problems with BIG Jobsite
14. If you experience any problems with BIG Jobsite or wish to make a complaint about the Jobsite, any of the Services available on the BIG Jobsite or any recruiters who you feel are abusing the service we provide then please contact us at email@example.com
15. BIG is concerned for the privacy of visitors to its web sites. The protection of your personal information is extremely important to us. However, please remember that the security of information transmitted over the Internet cannot be assured.
These terms and conditions for the BIG Jobsite are up-to-date as of 23rd February 2022.
The Big Issue Group registered office: 113-115 Fonthill Road, London. N4 3HH.
The Big Issue Company Ltd, Company No: 02612480; The Big Issue Foundation, Company No: 3049322 & Registered Charity No: 1049077; Big Issue Invest Ltd Company No: 4764982; Big Issue Invest Fund Management Ltd, Company No: 610618; Big Issue Social Investments Ltd, Company No: 06913063; Big Issue Invest Corporate Social Venturing Ltd, Company No. 08624878.
The Big Issue In Scotland,43 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 1HW, Company No: SC144546.
The Big Issue Cymru, Hastings House, Fitzalan Place, Cardiff, CF24 0BL. Company No: 3073840.
Big Issue Invest Fund Management Limited is authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (no 610618)