Job Title: Administrator
Trust Location: Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust
Would you like to be a part of a team that works well together, always there to help each other? If you answered yes, then Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust.
About the Trust
Manchester University NHS Foundation Trust (MFT) is one of the largest acute Trusts in the UK, employing over 28,000 staff. It was formed on 1st October 2017 and since then has been responsible for running a family of nine hospitals across six separate sites, providing a wide range of services from comprehensive local general hospital care through to highly specialized regional and national services.
What you’ll be responsible for:
* To attend meetings, taking minutes and keeping notes.
* To liaise with staff in other services and with external contacts.
* To sort and distribute incoming post and organise and send outgoing post
* To organise, store and archive paperwork, documents, and computer- based information
* To photocopy and print various documents
You’ll learn the following whilst working at the trust:
1. An in depth understanding of the roles and responsibilities involved in working within the NHS
2. Knowledge of the systems used, to effectively complete your role to the highest standard at all times
3. A sense of teamwork, gained through working alongside and supporting colleagues from all levels, within the organisation
You’ll have the following skills/experience:
* Excellent communication skills- both verbal and written
* Microsoft office skills- Outlook, Word, and Excel
* Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
* Excellent telephone manner
* Previous administrative experience
* Customer service skills
* NHS experience and use of electronic patient record (desirable)
Depending on the Trust, you may require variable additional certification and skills.
As a member of NHS Professionals, you have fantastic benefits:
* Competitive pay rates- work this week, get paid next week
* Essential support when you need it- 24/7 365 days- call us anytime
* Multi locational- work across neighbouring Trusts
* Manage your shifts and timesheets on the go- access your “My Bank” shift portal anywhere, anytime online or through your smartphone
* Varied working options to suit your lifestyle- access to the Bank gives you options of ad hoc shifts or longer-term placements
* Training and development opportunities- Keep up with the essentials and more
* Build holiday allowance for every shift you work- your work life balance is important to us
* Stakeholder pension scheme available- a flexible future for you and yours
Who are NHS Professionals?
We specialise in putting people in place to care. Every year we help thousands of dedicated candidates and highly skilled NHS workers enjoy better career opportunities, access to more shifts and a healthier work-life balance, giving more choice and control to our members.
As an equal opportunities’ organisation, NHSP is committed to the equal treatment of all current and prospective Bank members and does not condone discrimination on the basis of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy and maternity, race or ethnicity, religion or belief, gender reassignment, or marriage and civil partnership. We believe there is a strong case for the Equality, Diversity and inclusion agenda and we strongly encourage suitably qualified applicants form a range of backgrounds to apply.
By joining us you can look forward to a choice of flexible Bank shifts across any of our client Trusts in England, as well as the ability to develop professionally and gain experience in several wards or areas.
Please note, you will be contacted by email throughout the recruitment process, so please check your emails, including your junk/spam regularly. We regret we cannot contact everyone who is not selected for an interview, therefore if you do not hear from us within 21 days after submitting your application, please assume you have not been successful on this occasion.
NHS Professionals manage your data, please see our Privacy Notice on our website